H.M. Hammarin, also known as The Hammer is a real Swedish musician as well as a playable character in Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number. While he has no official levels of his own, he does make a cameo in Hank's Bar along with every other Hotline Miami 2 playable character (with the exception of Richter). The Hammer always tilts his head up toward the camera in all situations.
The Hammer is the only new playable character in Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number only available in the Level Editor. Prior to its beta release, he was only alluded to as a "secret character" who was already in the game.
Dennis Wedin stated in a blog post that "the purpose of adding him into the editor is giving you a blank piece of paper. It's up to you people to create the story behind The Hammer."
- Re-Stock , by Video-Brains (Easy)
- Reloaded, by scratch42069 (Medium)
- Daemon, by Aj_The_Wanderer (Medium-Hard)
- Obliterate, by JarlTank (Hard)
- Ingress , by American Smeagol (Easy)
- First World Bank, by buymysht (3 single levels, Medium)
- Answers, by RazeStriker (Easy-Medium)
- HammerTime , by CooperThePro (Medium)
- Hidden , by TonyAbyss (Medium-Hard)
- Code of Hammer-Act 1 , by TheCrossRoss (5 levels)
- Code of Hammer-Act 2 , by TheCrossRoss (3 levels)
- Code of Hammer-Act 3 , by TheCrossRoss (5 levels)
- Ultimate Doom, by Full_Of_Fire (8 levels)
- The Mob, by Testa Inc. (Son/Hammer/Henchman, 3 levels, Medium)
- A Simple Job and Rescue , by Never Gonna Give You Up
- Hang 'Em All, by YossarianAssyrian (Son/Hammer, 6 levels, Hard)
- City Of Pain, by [3kat]DwellerGuy (Jacket/Hammer, 9 levels, medium)
- HITMAN MIAMI, by samuel (Hammer, 7 levels, medium-hard)
- The Gunslinger , by Mr.Pancake
- StrangeSounds96 , by Aj_The_Wanderer
- The Hammer's Hammer, by -sparta-
- Simon Henriksson (Cry of Fear) Reskin, by CrazyJayDon
- Super Carnage Naked Dude, by JrekMecchia
- The Mobster, by CrazyJaydon
- The Colombian, by CrazyJaydon
- The Gangster, by CrazyJaydon
- The Prisoner, by CrazyJaydon
- The Guard, by CrazyJaydon
- The Russian, by CrazyJaydon
- The Police Officer, by CrazyJaydon
- Henchman Replaces Hammer, by -sparta-
- Gang Dodger and Fat Bouncer, by CrazyJaydon
- SWAT Reskin for Hammer, by CrazyJaydon
- Daniel Lamb Reskin, by Shosray
- Jacket Replacement for Hammer, by -sparta-
- Moonman, by 4Atlan
- Hammer to Biker, by CrazyJaydon
- The SledgeHammer, aka Fat Hammarin, by JrekMecchia
- The Yakuza, by juanchoclo
- Hammer to Writer, by YossarianAssyrian
- Hammer to Beard, by CrazyJaydon
- Manny Pardo Hammer, by a1337spy
- Miami Falls Sledge, by DannyJudas
- Hammer to Pig Butcher , by juanchoclo
- Hawaiian Shirt Man, by CrazyJaydon
- Kane Replaces Hammer, by 4Atlan
- The Policewoman, by The_Classicald
- Hammer to Peter, by femax
- Hammer to Tony, by CrazyJaydon
- Masked Mobster/Improved Hammer Mobster, by CrazyJaydon
- The Doberman, by JrekMecchia
- The Gang Leader, by PerfectPardo
- H.M. Hammarin has a cover of Riz Ortolani's "Love with Fun" theme to Cannibal Holocaust, called "You Eat Me Alive." Two separate renditions of Love with Fun (Cannibal and Cannibal2) were featured in Dennis Wedin's drop box during the Hotline Miami 2 beta file sharing. Riz Ortolani's "Oh My Love" also went over the masked killing scene in Drive.
- The Hammer's walk animations flop his hair from side to side. The only other player characters in the series with dynamic hair like this are Corey and The Son.
- The Hammer's orange gloves are featured prominently in his "Shine" music video. Similar sunglasses are worn in "Stranger to the Face of Love."
- The Hammer is the only playable character in the level editor that is unplayable in both Hotline Miami and Hotline Miami 2.
- The Hammer can execute enemies by punching them when they're knocked out against a wall as of right now in the Hotline Miami 2 Level Editor beta.
|Playable Characters in the Hotline Miami Series|
Martin Brown · Corey · Tony · Alex · Ash · Mark · Manny Pardo · Jake · Evan Wright · The Henchman · Beard · Richter · The Son · Jacket (Editor only) · Biker (Editor only) · H.M. Hammarin (Editor only)