Masks can be unlocked by getting sufficiently high scores, as well as being found in certain chapters.
The player can see whether one already has the mask for a given chapter in the chapter selection screen. Although not all available masks will be shown there (see e.g. Carl in Chapter 8).
Hotline Miami 1 Masks Edit
- Richard (Rooster) - no description - grants no special abilities
High Score Masks:
- Prelude: Rasmus (Owl) - An Eye For Secrets - gives glow to puzzle pieces and findable masks
- Chapter 1: Tony (Tiger) - Fists of Fury - faster executions and killing blows from fists
- Chapter 2: Aubrey (Pig) - More Guns
- Chapter 3: Don Juan (Horse) - Lethal Doors - slamming doors into enemies will kill them
- Chapter 4: Graham (Rabbit) - Walk Fast
- Chapter 5: Dennis (Wolf) - Start with Knife
- Chapter 6: George (Giraffe) - Look Further
- Chapter 7: Ted (Dog) - Dogs Don't Attack - dogs only sprint after you
- Chapter 8: Rufus (Elephant) - Survive One Bullet
- Chapter 9: Rami (Camel) - Extra Ammo
- Chapter 10: Willem (Monkey) - Rip And Steal - you can kill an enemy and steal his weapon
- Chapter 11: Peter (Unicorn) - Quiet Gunshots - enemies in close proximity may still hear you
- Chapter 13: Zack (Frog) - Longer Combo Window
- Chapter 14: Oscar (Mole) - Darkness - the game gets a red filter
- Chapter 16: Rick (Fox) - Good Shot - shotguns have a greater choke, all guns have better accuracy
- Chapter 17: Brandon (Panther) - Walk Faster
- Prelude: Russell (Bull) - Raging Bull (PS3/PS4/Vita Only) - the game gets a black and white filter (except for UI and blood)
- Chapter 2: Earl (Walrus) - Survive Two Bullets
- Chapter 5: Jones (Alligator) - More Gore - bloodier executions
- Chapter 8: Carl (Grasshopper) - Start With Drill
- Chapter 10: Jake (Cobra) - Killing Throws - thrown weapons (both melee and throw-exclusive) 1-hit kill
- Chapter 13: Richter (Rat) - Start With Silenced Uzi
- Chapter 16: Charlie (Octopus) - More Melee Weapons
- Chapter 19: Phil (Fish) - French Translation - the French translation isn't good
Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number Masks Edit
The Fans' Masks
- Corey (Zebra) - Can perform a combat roll over doors and beneath gunfire.
- Tony (Tiger) - Lethal punches, no weapons can be picked up.
- Alex and Ash (Swans) - Both Swans are controlled simultaneously, one carries a chainsaw, the other one can only use guns.
- Mark (Bear) - Can dual wield two machine guns and point them in different directions simultaneously.
- Jake (Cobra) - Killing Throws
- Irvin (Viper) - Nailgun
- Dallas (Asp) - Killing punches and can use nunchucks, but cannot pick up weapons (similar to Tony)
Martin Brown's Masks
- Aubrey (Pig)
- Richter (Rat)
- The inclusion of animal masks was motivated by Dennis Wedin's childhood nightmares that revolved around Alice in Wonderland and The Wind in the Willows.
- In Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number, the Richard, Rasmus and Dennis mask return now being use by several NPC.
- Actually the bartender who appears in the bar of The Fans storyline uses a unnamed panda mask.
|Masks in the Hotline Miami Series|
|Jacket|| Richard Mask · Rasmus Mask · Tony Mask · Aubrey Mask · Don Juan Mask · Graham Mask · Dennis Mask · George Mask · Ted Mask · Rufus Mask · Rami Mask · Willem Mask · Peter Mask · Zack Mask · Oscar Mask · Rick Mask · Brandon Mask
Russell Mask · Charlie Mask · Louie Mask · Phil Mask · Nigel Mask · Earl Mask · Jones Mask · Carl Mask · Jake Mask · Richter Mask
|The Fans||Mark Mask · Tony Mask · Corey Mask · Alex & Ash Mask|
|Jake||Jake Mask · Irvin Mask · Dallas Mask ·|
|Exclusive Mask Legends||Found · Console Exclusive|