This article is on the enemy type, if you are looking for the Miami PD faction, See Miami PD.
In Hotline Miami, cops cannot be knocked against walls, and will always fall flat on their backs when knocked down. Police also can not be executed by the standing throat execution. Since policemen are only found as enemies in one chapter, their range of weapons is quite small.
In Hotline Miami, the police can be seen using these weapons:
In Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number, the police can be seen using these weapons:
Enemy Types Edit
- Police Officers: The most common type of Police enemy. In the first game, they can wield Machine Guns, Shotguns and Batons, while in the second game, they wield 9mm pistols, Shotguns and Batons. They function exactly the same as Mobsters.
- Inspectors: These enemies are the Police variant of the Thug enemies. They function almost exactly the same as Thugs, being immune to any melee attacks and can only be killed via gunfire. The only difference these enemies have with Thugs is that they wield Tasers to attack the player rather than using brute force. The Taser cannot be picked up from a dead Inspector in Hotline Miami, but can be picked up and used in Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number.
- SWAT Team: The SWAT Team are a rare and special type of enemy encountered in Hotline Miami. They essentially function the same as both Mobsters and Police Officers. However, the SWAT cannot be killed by the player in any way possible, but they can be stunned briefly by gunfire or slamming doors into them, and knocked down with melee weapons. The SWAT Team only ever appears in Crackdown. They return in Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number as minor characters.
- Police Chief: A boss fight fought at the end of Assault in Hotline Miami. The Police Chief is a large police officer that duel wields two MP5s and guards a glass cubicle in the middle of the section with four other Police Officers. The Police Chief is very accurate, immediately firing directly at the player if they are within sight of him. He can be dispatched easily by simply being shot at. He also functions similarly to Thugs and Inspectors, where he will bleed out and die if he is even shot with a single bullet.
- SWAT Chief: A unique, yet minor boss character fought in Final Cut in Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number. After a cutscene is triggered when entering the last section of the level, he will begin quickly patrolling the entire area. He will stop at several intervals to peek around corners in search of the player, and will roll through the middle corridor and repeat his patrol route. If the SWAT Chief spots the player, he will immediately chase after them and open fire, which could easily end in death if the player is not ready. Although immune to gunfire, the SWAT Chief. must be killed by either knocking him down with a melee weapon or knocking him back with firearms, then can be finished off with an execution. The execution is very unique, in which Martin Brown will rip the SWAT Chief's head off with his bare hands.
|Enemies in Hotline Miami|
|Normal Enemies||Russian Mobster · Policeman · Phone Hom Worker · Teenager · Gang Member · Soviet Soldier · Colombian Mobster · Security Guard · Prisoner · Hallucinatory Demon|
|Special Enemies||Dog · Thug · Waiter · SWAT · Doctor · Inspector · Dodger|
|Bosses||Producer · Biker · Van Driver · Police Chief · Panther · The Bodyguard · The Father · Jacket · SWAT Chief · Gang Leader · Prison Boss · Mark · Corey · Tony · Alex · Ash|