Scoring occurs after most levels are cleared and exited in Hotline Miami and Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number. A report of the player's performance on the completed level is displayed against a colorful background featuring the sun and ocean. Points are calculated based on level actions.
Hotline Miami Edit
Points Screen Edit
- Time Bonus
- Denominator Score (Grade C Score)
Skyline Screen Edit
- Level: "Name"
- Time (In seconds)
- High Score
- Exposure: Seen by an enemy.
- Double Exposure: Seen by two enemies.
- Triple Exposure: Seen by three enemies.
- Severe Exposure: Seen by 4+ enemies.
- Door Slam: Enemy knocked down with door.
- Execution: Kill on a down enemy in the "slump" or "starfish" positions.
- Mercy Kill: Neck snap a crawling, mortally wounded enemy.
- Nx Combo: Kill N enemies quickly. Combo timer reset by knockdowns and lengthened by kills and Zack.
- Sharp Shooter: Kill offscreen enemy with gun.
- Sneaky Shot: Kill enemy through yellow walls with gun.
- Dangerous Pick Up: Weapon pick up during a Severe Exposure
- Projectile Kill: Kill with a lethally throwable weapon.
- Double Hit: Kill two enemies with one weapon throw.
- Triple Hit: Kill three enemies with one weapon throw.
- Multi-Hit: Kill 4+ enemies with one weapon throw.
- Big Balls: Kill a firearm-wielding enemy with a throwable weapon.
Playstyles (based on Actions) Edit
Playstyles are awarded in tiers, with higher playstyles 'over-writing' lower playstyles:
- 0 Generic: Few actions.
- 1 Exhibitionist: 6+ Exposures
- 2 Improvisor: 3+ 'pressure pick up' events (not possible in final game)
- 3 Combo Breaker: 5+ Combos
- 4 Coward: Sneaky Shots
- 5 Pitcher: Projectile Events
- 6 Door Man: 4+ Door Slams
- 7 Chiropractor: 2+ Mercy Kills
- 8 Combo Beginner: 4x to 6x
- 9 Combo Apprentice: 8x to 11x
- 10 Combo Master: 13x+
- 11 Executioner: 4+ Executions
- 12 Sadist: 10+ Executions
- 13 Coward (2): 6+ Projectile Events
- 14 Invisible Man: 0 Exposures
- A+ (15/15 of the max score for a level)
- A (14/15 of the max score for a level)
- A- (13/15 of the max score for a level)
- B+ (12/15 of the max score for a level)
- B (11/15 of the max score for a level)
- B- (10/15 of the max score for a level)
- C+ (9/15 of the max score for a level)
- C (8/15 of the max score for a level)
- C- (7/15 of the max score for a level)
- D+ (6/15 of the max score for a level)
- D (5/15 of the max score for a level)
- D- (4/15 of the max score for a level)
- F+ (3/15 of the max score for a level)
- F (2/15 of the max score for a level)
- F- (1/15 of the max score for a level)
Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number Edit
Sunset Screen Edit
- Kills 1000 points for executions, 800 points for melee, 600 points for ranged (400 for flamethrower and Jake's lethal throws)
- Flexibility Constantly changing weapons helps with score
- Mobility Keep moving at all times for a high score
- Boldness Being seen by enemies, punching enemies, (Ranged weapons have a negative impact)
- Time Bonus
- Special (character-specific)
- Level Score / Grade C Score
- Grade (same as Hotline Miami's, with a new "S grade" above A+ that's roughly 2.6x the Grade C Score)
- Total Time (from hours to milliseconds)
- A-, A, A+
- B-, B, B+
- C-, C, C+
- D-, D, D+
- F, F+