- Puzzle letter "W".
The objective is to escape the hospital after waking up from a coma, without being seen by the police or hospital workers. You start on the first floor and need to take the elevator. After this you need to escape to the left, outside the hospital. Moving for too long will cause Jacket to crouch down and cover his ears, immobilizing the player for a short time.
- This is one of two chapters in the game that can be completed without killing anyone, the other being Resolution.
- This is the only chapter in the game where you cannot kill anyone or attack.
- Picking up the keycard indicated by the game on the first floor is not required; it is possible to reach the elevator directly via the main hall.
- At the top right of the ground floor is a door that leads outside the building, which is faster and easier than navigating to the main entrance.
- This is the only one of Jacket's chapters where a mask cannot be selected.
- When continuing on to this chapter from Deadline, its chapter title screen erroneously says it is the tenth chapter.
- When you reach the first (ground floor), there will be a room in which is littered by shirts, right behind the front desk. However, if you are caught, the shirts disappear. (Relevance unknown.)
The tips in this level are very different than others. Instead of the usual "melee weapons are silent" or "don't be afraid of dying", there are tips displayed such as:
- She's Already Dead - Referring to Hooker's death.
- Time to let go.
- Confess to the Police - Probably a hint to Jacket's role in Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number, being in Police Custody, and in Court.
- No More Pain - Probably Referring to a Drug that numbs pain (Such as Morphine, Procaine etc.)
- Pay for your Crimes - Referring to the Massacres that Jacket has done throughout the game.
- Stop Breathing - Could refer to what Richard said to Jacket prior to waking up, mentioning that what he did from Deadline on, had no Purpose.
- You're all alone now - Referring how Jacket has no companion left. (Hooker, Beard, The Personas.)
- You've done enough - Probably Jacket's subconscious making him regret his previous actions.
- Wake Up
- Don't Do Anything Rash
- Think Things Over
Other than Clues to the story or other things, Trauma's Hints are not as useful as Normal Hints
Conversation between the (D)octor and the (P)oliceman:
P: Hey, doc! When's this bastard going to wake up?
D: I don't know... He's been in a coma for weeks now.
P: But he is going to wake up... right?
P: This guy is a prime suspect in a major case!
D: Look, my guess is as good as yours!
D: Though I can say it might be a while. *sigh*
D: He's still not fully healed from the surgery...
P: Is there nothing you can do? We need this guy!
P: You people weren't able to save his girlfriend...
P: I mean, we've got the perp who shot 'em in the locker.
P: But that asshole ain't saying shit!
D: And what makes you think this guy will..?